“Biggest Loser” star Jillian Michaels was just slapped with another multi-million dollar lawsuit over her weight loss products — and this time, it’s about a detox supplement that allegedly “might kill you.”
The class action lawsuit, obtained by TMZ, was filed today in L.A. County Superior Court by a woman who only wants to be known by her initials — R.D. — due to her “very real fear of retaliation OR harassment by Defendants.”
In the lawsuit, R.D. claims Jillian’s “Triple Process Total Body Detox & Cleanse” diet supplement contains a “potentially lethal combination of toxic ingredients” … and it “might kill you.”
In the suit, R.D. lays out what she considers to be the risks associated with various ingredients in Jillian’s product, including:
– Irish Moss Powder … “causes gastrointestinal ulcers” and is “so toxic that it is the gel commonly applied to aircraft wings to dissolve ice”
– Bearberry … “known to cause nausea and vomiting”
– Yarrow … “a toxic lawn weed that causes dermatitis”
– Chinese Rhubarb … “a harsh laxative and dangerous diuretic that can cause sever dehydration and may cause irreversible liver damage”
– Fenugreek Seed … “interferes with digestion and causes both diarrhea and gas”
R.D. is suing Jillian and Thin Care International for more than $10 million for “actively and fraudulently” conspiring to hide the alleged dangers of their product.
If this story sounds familiar, it’s not the first … second … or even the third time Jillian has been sued by people who claim her diet products are potentially toxic.
No comment from Jillian Michaels’ camp.