In no way should any oil based steroid be injected into the veins, you would be looking at serious problems if you did. The best place to stick it, is in the “bum”, the glutes if you like. Target it on the top right of the right buttock, or top left of the left buttock etc. The best type to use is a “green top”, sized 21G 1-1/2. This type is excellent for the oil based jabs and can be used for water based solutions also, but a good one for such as Winstrol would be the “blues”. The size for these should be around 23G 1-1/4″. Always inject water based fluids, nice and slowly or you will find the fluid could just shoot right out again, take it steady. All jabs must be deep and direct, no messing about here, straight in. This area is best chosen due to the fact that it is thick and can take the jab no problem.
Be careful NOT to get close to the lower spine as you may hit the sciatic nerve, if you do you will know you have. When you come down from the ceiling you may experience temporary paralysis of the area, but it will return, do not worry. Keep to the right and you will be okay. Other areas to go for would be the outer side of the thigh, DO NOT GO FOR THE INSIDE of the thigh as there are many more veins and arteries that do not need hitting, I assure you. There are a lot of guys that actually prefer to inject into this area as they cannot seem to turn around enough to see where the jab is going. Some also inject into the shoulder (deltoid) but again it is personal choice, not for me though – ouch! This area is okay for some but if damage occurs, i.e. blood vessels ruptured, or an awkward jab, then the injury can actually cause so much pain that training is out for a time.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO WATCH FOR!
There are many important facts to take into consideration when administering an injection and if you follow the basic rules, then you will have trouble free therapy. The points to watch out for are as follows:
– NEVER share needles with another person – destroy after use!
– Avoid injecting into the exact same area more than more than twice per week!
– Keep the area to be injected AS CLEAN AS POSSIBLE – use an alcoholic swab!
– Use a sharp needle every time. Avoid rubbing on the base of the vial!
– Use two needles if possible. One for pulling, one for jabbing. STAY SHARP
– inject slowly, carefully and make sure the jab is all the way in. Under no circumstances should the fluid be injected just under the skin – IT COULD ABSCESS!!!
– Do not worry about a little blood. It could be that you have caught a tiny blood vessel. Apply firm pressure to the area and it will stop.
– Do not use to fine a needle for oil-based fluids. It will take ages to inject and can cause pain!
– Keep away from the centre, lower back. This will mean that you will avoid sciatic nerve unless you wish to break the high jump record. High and right is the rule (or left on the other cheek).
– Tap away all bubbles from the syringe, the minute ones will not cause any problems as it is an intra-muscular injection and NOT intra-vascular. Under no circumstances should you inject into a vein. The bubbles will rise to the top and then you can dispel any more if you wish – no problem.