There are several rules that should be followed in order to make safe injection. It’s about the intramuscular injections, the most popular places for them are buttock, thigh and deltas. During the injection needle must enter as deeply as possible without hurting either the nerve or blood vessel.
1. Remember about hygiene. Wash your hands before starting the procedure.
2. Clean with cotton wool soaked in alcohol top of the bottle to make sure that it is sterile.
3. Use only new syringe, firmly attach a new needle on it, remove the case and insert into the bottle or vial.
4. Turn the bottle upside down and slowly start to fill liquid. The number must be a little more required.
5. Make sure that there are no air bubbles into the syringe.
6. It is better if you use new syringe not the one that you use to take the medicine.
7. Always before injection clean the area with an alcoholic swab. Squeeze out all the air from the syringe.
8. Slide the needle with sharp movement. When introducing substance be careful and inject slowlymaking sure the jab is all the way in.
9. Keep away from the centre, lower back. This will mean that you will avoid sciatic nerve unless you wish to break the high jump record.